Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Access Your Google Documents On Your iPhone or iPad

Posted by Tina | Tuesday, May 10, 2011 | Category: , , , , , , |

PowerDocs

If you happen to be a heavy Google Docs user, you may want to check out PowerDocs by Appurpose Studio.  Designed for the iPhone and iPad, this little app offers a big punch when it comes to keeping your productivity going no matter where you are. 

With PowerDocs you can view, edit, and create your Google Docs on the go. You can even upload or download documents as needed.  The interface is simple and easy to use.  If you’ve used Google Docs before, there is no learning curve with this app.  This, to me, is one of the best features.  I am not a heavy user of Google Docs, but I do use it on occasion.  I’m glad that I didn’t have to learn a new app in order to access my documents online.

If you don’t use Google Docs, there is no need for this app.  I know many moms that have become avid Google Doc users, which is why I though it was important to showcase this on TechTools4Mom.    The ability to create on the fly was another important feature I took advantage of while testing.  Below is the complete list of features available with PowerDocs (from app description):

- Upload docs from your iPhone/iTouch to Google docs anytime and anywhere.
- Supports open-in feature, you can open the supported data from mail, safari or some other APPs that supported open-in feature.
- Bulk upload supported, you can select multiple files at a time and upload them successively.
- Bulk download and bulk delete are also available.
- Whenever you take a photo, you can upload to your google docs immediately! If your photo was taken from some text, you can convert it to text directly by using Google's OCR technology!
- Anytime you want to edit your Google docs online, just take out your iPhone/iTouch and Tap the "Edit" button.
- Download the Google docs to local and view them offline.
- Download the Google docs and mail them as attachments.
- Create docs/spreadsheets online and download them to local for viewing or mailing.
- Easily view your docs' revision info.
- Screen rotation supported.

PowerDocs is available for the iPhone and iPad for $0.99 from the AppStore

PowerDocsPowerDocsPowerDocs

Disclaimer:  I was provided a copy of this app to review.  All opinions and experiences are my own.