Saturday, September 3, 2011

Visually Appealing, All Encompassing Shopping List: Constant Shopper for iPad

Posted by Tina | Saturday, September 3, 2011 | Category: , , , , , , |

Constant Shopper for iPad (a visual grocery shopping checkl

 

Constant Shopper for iPad is a sleek new shopping list that offers as much visual appeal as it does an easy to use user interface.  Described as the ‘..ultimate visual shopping list app for your ipad..’, Constant Shopper does not disappoint.  Once you see this app in action, you’ll agree with that description.

 

Constant ShopperFilled with over 1,700 items in the database, Constant Shopper is more than a grocery store shopping list.  the items in the database encompass all your shopping needs.  Simply slide through the categories (grocery, clothing, pharmacy, etc) and select the items that you need to purchase.  Each item is represented by a picture icon of that item. 

 

Another great part of Constant Shopper is the Budget piece.  All items in the database have an estimated price that you can adjust.  Once an item is added to your list, a running tally in the bottom right appears.  Nice addition to keep us on track and on budget.  Increasing or decreasing item amounts is as simple as pushing an up or down button –which also increases or decreases your budget tally.

 

There are a few different versions of Constant Shopper.  The app I reviewed was for the iPad, although I love doing my planning on the iPad, I can’t exactly bring the iPad with me to the store and chase after two kids.  I would love to be able to create some type of account with Constant Shopper so that I could plan the list on the iPad but view and utilize it on the iPhone. Right now, the only way that you can use both devices is to mail the list to the other device and open it on there.

 

Overall, the app is beautiful and functional.  I’m also looking forward to the feature they are currently working on: Coupons!  One thing that I loved seeing while reviewing this app was the amount of support they offer their customers.  Constant Coder Facebook page interacts with their customers to help them with problems or questions they have. 

 

Take a quick look at their 30 second preview for Constant Shopper (video is located on FB)

 

Constant Shopper for iPad is available in iTunes for $2.99 (at time of review)

 

 

Constant ShopperConstant ShopperConstant Shopperphoto 5Constant Shopper

 

Disclaimer:  I was provided a copy of this app to review.  All opinions and experiences are my own.